So you’ve decided to go for a different vehicle, but you don’t want to pay the higher prices on a new car. Used cars do offer valuable options while also allowing you to save money along the way. Before buying a used car, there are a few different variables you need to consider. As long as you do this, you should land an excellent car for a great price. When you purchase the vehicle, whether you live around Pismo Beach, CA or anywhere else in the region, just give Neff & Associates Insurance Services Inc a call. We can help make sure you have the right coverage for your vehicle.
Dealer vs. Private Seller
With a private seller you receive a better price but with a dealer you’ll have an establishment facility with a provided warranty and often financing. Due to this, you need to consider what is really best for you and your budget. If you want a car for a few hundred to a thousand dollars, going the private selling might be the way to go, but anything higher than that and a dealership simply provides peace of mind.
Mileage of the vehicle does matter. While the make, model and year play a part in how important mileage is, always consider it. If a vehicle seems to have a lower price tag than what it should, it likely either has high mileage or there’s something else wrong with it.
Kelly Blue Book
Know what the vehicle is valued at before going in. KBB gives you an overall estimate as to what the used vehicle should sell for. This can help in your negotiations for the vehicle.
Number of Owners
If a used car has had a large number of owners, that usually means it runs into problems. A solid car is not going to have a half dozen owners. This might be a clear sign there’s an issue.
The arrival of Spring offers the perfect opportunity for some home maintenance and spring cleaning. It is always wise to use preventive measures to help maintain your property and home the whole year. Neff & Associates Insurance Services Inc., serving Pismo Beach, CA offers a few suggestions to help make this spring a safe one.
Outside your home:
- Repair uneven, broken or cracked walkways and driveways to avoid falls
- Trim all bushes and trees so they’re safely away from utility wires
- Cut down any dead trees on your property
- Clean out all downspouts and gutters to avoid debris accumulation
- Store all gas and oil for tools and lawn equipment in a locked, vented area
Inside your home:
- Use fluorescent bulbs instead of high-intensity bulbs.
- Make sure that all the light bulbs in your fixtures are the right wattage suggested by the manufacturer
- Inspect all smoke detectors, and make sure that you have a detector on every floor. Change batteries annually, and test them every month
- Remove all lint, dust, and fabric material from under your dryer and in the dryer exhaust duct
- Replace or clean your furnace filter
- Make sure you check the water heater for corrosion and leaks
- Make sure a professional inspects the air conditioning system like the manufacturer recommends
- Fill and have accessible a fire extinguisher, and check it to make sure it is ready for operation and filled
- Make sure your extension cords, fuse boxes, and outlets aren’t overloaded. Check for potential fire hazards such as loose fitting plugs or frayed wires.
Finally, Don’t get caught without the level of homeowners insurance coverage you need. Contact us at Neff & Associates Insurance Services Inc. today to learn about more ways to protect your home and your family.