It’s finally summertime and the perfect time to make sure your classic car is in good working condition for the summer high temperatures in the surrounding Pismo Beach, CA area. Many enjoy taking their classic car out for a trip in the summer months, and you do not want to be stranded in the summer heat due to an unchecked issue. Here are some tips for vintage automobile care in the summer.
- Check necessary fluids, such as motor oil, coolant, and windshield washer fluid regularly. Older autos need to be checked more often, so don’t forget to take a few minutes and check things out before leaving.
- Regularly check the appearance of your tires, in particular for cracks in the sidewalls. Check the tire pressure because summer temperatures cause the air in the tires to expand. Tire damage or overinflated tires can lead to a blowout that ruins your trip.
- Dry summer heat, the wind, and long distance road trips can cause the air and gas filters to become dirty faster than other times during the year. Have these checked regularly to help improve fuel economy and the vehicle’s performance?
- If your classic car has an AC system, it’s time to have it checked. While it’s not necessary for your car to run, it can be important to keep you and passengers from becoming overheated.
- You have likely invested a lot into restoring your classic car, so protect its new look from cosmetic damage by the sun. Park in the shade whenever possible and use a sun shade.
Neff & Associates Insurance Services Inc
If you have a vintage vehicle in the Pismo Beach, CA area, trust Neff & Associates Insurance Services Inc to help you find the right coverage for your classic car.